[mu HUMOR] The Apollonio circle

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 22:22:02 CEST

I'm taking part, currently, to an examination board in final high-school
exam, as math&phys commissary.

A Calculus Test ask the student to describe analitically the locus
generated with a precise rule, with an end note like "the resulting locus
is a circle (called Apollonio's circle)".

A student, 18 old, promptly, asked me if an "Apollonio's circle" has to be
considered a circle like other or, in alternative, what are the main
differences between a circle and an Apollonio's circle.

No comment :-)

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous