ext2 mulinux and DOS

From: Juergen (juergen@ek-p.de)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 18:45:47 CEST

Hi!

WARNING: Very bad english!

I have a Pentium 100 with 32MB RAM an two harddisks. One with 170MB an one
with 2GB an a monochrome monitor. I have MS-DOS with Client for MS-Network
on the 170MB-HD.

The DOSTOOLS and mulinux install files are on the 170MB HD. I like to
install mulinux with ext2 file-system with a swap file on the 2GB HD, but
without killing DOS. I'm a newbie in Linux but have played with some previus
mulinux versions under UMSDOS but it was not very fast and I've had some
problems with memory and the file-system (lost files and so one..)

How should I start to install mulinux? I don't like to use floppy-disks.

How big should the swap file be? With UMSDOS mulinux was very slow and I've
only 400kB free memory.

Can I boot mulinux on ext2 also with a DOS Batch like with UMSDOS?

Works mulinux on ext2 also with RAMDRIVES?

I like to use mulinux as a file- and webserver with xvncview to use some
linux-tools on my Windows Computer.

German answers are also welcome.

Regards
Jürgen