Re: OT[Italian Professor]

From: Stephen Kasirye (kassets@techmuk.ac.ug)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 17:48:21 CEST

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Massimo Pilolli nicely wrote:

> Stephen Kasirye wrote:
> >
> > Hullo Italians,
> >
> > Do you know of a Proffessor Ottaviani?
> > I gather he is a renown proffessor in the field Soil Mechanics.
> > He is supposed to be known allover Europe!
> >
> > Any one who knows him?
> >

> Hi,
>
> there is a Professor Giampiero Ottaviani in the "Universita'
> di Modena e Reggio Emilia" (http://www.unimo.it). I don't know
> if he should be known "all over Europe". He is a physicist.
>
> Hope this could be useful.

Thanks, a bunch. I just wanted to prove his CV that was handed over to us.
His performance apparently did not match it, so this side we all suspected
it was overblown. This particular guy is a Foundation Engineer. So I guess
that guy (whom you referenced) the physicist is definately not him.

Once again, thanks for taking the trouble to let me know.

Stephen.