Re: [mu lilo.conf] Prompt for ROOT floppy.

From: Joshua Hudson (joshudson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 19:44:38 CEST

Michael Andrioli nicely worte:

>>To be precise, the kernel boots, loads the ramdisk
>>(successfully)
>>and prompts for the ROOT floppy:
>>
>>Compressed image found at block xxx
>>VFS: mounted root EXT2 filesystem
>>INSERT ROOT FLOPPY AND PRESS ENTER.

>"Compressed image ..." means that a good gzipped
>image is found a the provided block. It also mount
>fine ( "mounted root EXT2 ..." ).
>So, why the error?
>Maybe, you removed some file from root.gz, such "linuxrc" ? In muLinux
>/linuxrc is a symlinks to /setup/rc/linuxrc
>in order to keep all in single place). Check this
>file!

So that's it. I had no idea I needed it because it
doesn't run from my harddrive.

Now that SOMETHING runs, should be able to get it
working. If need be, ln -s /sbin/init linuxrc

>Furthmore, check your /etc/inittab:

> id:4:initdefault:
> r:S:sysinit:/etc/rc/4
> ... etc ..

No, I cleaned inittab. The rc files are now
in /etc as /etc/rc.x.

>Did you remove some /etc/rc/* script? Ehm,
>they are symlinked in /setup/rc and, probabily,
>you completely removed the directory /setup
>because not useful for your purpose.

That's right, I removed it because there wasn't room.

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous