Re: Add-ons die at 22%

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 12:27:32 CEST

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 02:06:13PM -0700, John Ratelle nicely wrote:
> Let's see:
>
> I used swap space, using option [2] - part of existing
> hard drive- set mine to /dev/hda5 (~200Megs), and set
> the size of the swap file to 32000K. It seemed to
> work - mu gives:
> 32000 + in
> 32000 + out
> Is this correct?

You can see if swap is active writing "free".

> Usr goes, then I try SRV and it goes to 22% and stops.
> System doesn't lock up - <ENTER> still works, but the
> program does seem to quit.
>
> I let it run at 22% for about 20 minutes (walked the
> dogs) and still nothing.
>
> Maybe reformatting the hard drive would work?

Gulp! No, please. Stop to load the system in RAM. Answer "n" to USR
and every other addon. At the prompt, clone immediately in the
hard-disk. You can load USR, WKS, etc. later.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous