Re: Add-ons die at 22%

From: Joshua Hudson (joshudson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 20:39:18 CEST

John ratelle wrote:
>Let's see:

>I used swap space, using option [2] - part of existing
>hard drive- set mine to /dev/hda5 (~200Megs), and set
>the size of the swap file to 32000K. It seemed to
>work - mu gives:
> 32000 + in
> 32000 + out
>Is this correct?
Yeah, that's right, in==out.

>Usr goes, then I try SRV and it goes to 22% and stops.
> System doesn't lock up - <ENTER> still works, but the
>program does seem to quit.
You may be out of ram. The ramdrives do not end up in swap space. You are
going to have to clone the system to hd before you mount srv.

I would recommend unpacking the lilo command from elsewhere and putting it
on another floppy. From there, you can copy it to /sbin(or elsewhere in
your PATH) then clone with a lilo bootloader.