Re: AGP supported?

From: Sven (SvenConrad@gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 17:07:20 CEST

I have use AGP card before with mulinux (ATI Rage 128, PIII 700).
I think, that this Asus VGA is the problem. If you can find an
XFree 3.x server which supports this card, you probably will also
find a version compiled for old clib5.

But why is the VGA16 not running. AGP is only the Bus and has
nothing to do with old VGA modes. This is always handled by your
BIOS. The mode 640x480 16 Colors is primary defined by IBM with
the first VGA card. So, if this card is a (super) VGA, it supports this
mode without any card specific.
Btw. AGP is seen by software as PCI. Only for AGPx2, AGPx4 support,
special drivers are needed.