Re: [misc] i think.

From: Stephen Kasirye (kassets@techmuk.ac.ug)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 11:40:29 CEST

On Sun, 6 May 2001, jake nicely wrote:

> hi all
> i just wanted to point anyone who is interested to a site that details
> compileing stuff for libc5 on a system that uses libc6 , like red hat 7.
>
> http://ecg.mit.edu/george/gcc5.html

Thanks for your article (I haven't read it as yet, though - RedHat thing)!
Could that imply that when I download source code off the net, I can
compile it on a libc6 system then run it under mu?
Have you tried it? If so, then what kind of distro's footsteps does mu
follow? Is it SuSe, RedHat, Debian (I run small Debian progs in mu), or
any other?

Where on the net are the binaries of the gcc 2.7.2.1 compiler that work
under mu?

Stephen.