Re: Notes about mulinux 11r12-47 el torito

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 20:32:58 CEST

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 06:39:26PM +0200, Albrecht Kleine nicely wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just tried another muLinux release because I've read some
> discussions about nice feature "roclone" on the list
>
> Some notes:
>
> 1. It was not a problem to build "master.iso" and
> burn that, and later boot that. But I had problems to
> add my configuation ("lock" profile) to that CD,
> i.e. IP address, type of ethernet device etc. was lost.

I think, the roclone "sanitize" something setups. You will find
this part of code in /usr/clone/roclone

chroot $INITRD setup -a custom sanitize 2>/dev/null

sanitize() is a function embedded in the *.fun. Its purpose is
to remove POP3 passwords, and other dangerous setup (such swap!)
As you well guest, this CD-ROM has to be transportable in every
machine, this is the original intention.

You can comment this line.

> Later I unpacked root.gz, loop mounted that and copied
> some /setup files into root.gz. This I wrapped again
> into boot.img (of course by loop mounting boot.img).
>
> Is that so intended - or did I something else wrong..?

This is ok, I think.

> 3. /usr/tips/items/apps/dis-assembler did not work.
> I was told that there is no dis-assembler, but I KNOW ;)
> that ndisasm is installed.

ndisasm should be in the GCC, I think. "which ndisasm" worked?

> I copied that file to ~/ (due r/o CD filesystem) and
> replaced -z with -f.
> So that script now disassembles /dev/random very nice.
>
> 4. Please consider adding the newer e3-1.5 editor version
> to mulinux.

You are right, about new release of E3. I always forget to put
the new release. On the other hand, new releases are now so rare
events :-( I currently have not time to work again on muLinux.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous