Notes about mulinux 11r12-47 el torito

From: Albrecht Kleine (kleine@ak.sax.de)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 18:39:26 CEST

Hi,

just tried another muLinux release because I've read some
discussions about nice feature "roclone" on the list

Some notes:

1. It was not a problem to build "master.iso" and
   burn that, and later boot that. But I had problems to
   add my configuation ("lock" profile) to that CD,
   i.e. IP address, type of ethernet device etc. was lost.

   Later I unpacked root.gz, loop mounted that and copied
   some /setup files into root.gz. This I wrapped again
   into boot.img (of course by loop mounting boot.img).

   Is that so intended - or did I something else wrong..?

2. "top" does not show any processes..?

3. /usr/tips/items/apps/dis-assembler did not work.
   I was told that there is no dis-assembler, but I KNOW ;)
   that ndisasm is installed.

   I copied that file to ~/ (due r/o CD filesystem) and
   replaced -z with -f.
   So that script now disassembles /dev/random very nice.

4. Please consider adding the newer e3-1.5 editor version
   to mulinux.

Thanks for muLinux!
Cheers,
Albrecht