Re: Hi! to all people who read this!

From: Stephen Kasirye (kassets@techmuk.ac.ug)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 07:40:46 CEST

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, bce201@yahoo.com nicely wrote:

Hullo,

> I'm new there. I hope will be interesting to read this
> mailing list.

You are welcome.

> I've tried a mulinux 10 r5.

That is the most stable, that I have personally used and even archived
all the .tgz's.

> I'm really new(be) for linux!!

I very far from a newbie and not at all close to an expert. But getting
there fast.

> Is really simple to install. I hope, that with this
> tiny version, i could learn something about linux...

That plus alot of reading until your eyes pop out. I got big volumes of
books for myself.

> Thank to develop that!

Mulinux is the most complete (though rustic) small distro I have used.

Michele deserves all the credit. I myself run mulin off a CD and it is
beyond the sky. A 300 MB installation is equivalent to a 3 GB installation
of Win2000. Hundreds of exra apps and much more. So you have started on
the path to learning linux.

Stephen.