Re: ext2 installation on 486/4MB

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 03:12:54 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Why not just use a smaller window manager???
wm2 seems to run a bit faster on those old slow machines that many folks want to use to experiment with muLinux on....
There was also, a while back a thread on minimizing ones system....
including running only the bare minimum of programs and services to get the job at hand accomplished........to which as an added thought would also include any kernel modules not needed at that time.
A half a meg of extra free physical memory can make a world of difference in the way X runs.......

winsor