About "need help on vi"

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 14:49:43 CEST

Sorry, but what I told in my previous email about Control-X in vi,
doesn't work in the tiny vi under muLinux.

You cannot enter "hh" after control-x. In the tiny-elvis I only know
the Control-V escape. Il allow to enter an escape sequence:

Example, that:

                C-V C-A

does enter a "^A" (decimal=1) in the text. But you can enter decimal=161
(this is the spanish esclamation mark reversed) using ALT-161, as
usual.

Tiny-elvis is 61800 bytes. NVI is 315248 bytes ... something is missing.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen