Re: Create ISO?

From: Christian Leber (christian@leber.de)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 16:34:28 CET

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 08:03:24AM +0100, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> > Not really related to the process of creating an ISO Image.
> > But what's about this really silly stamp thing in Italia?
> I cannot understand neither first, neither second statement.
> Please, explain better.

I am not really sure about it, but it is for sure an issue.

http://lwn.net/2001/features/siae.php3

<quote>
Abstract

This document deals with the problems arising from an amendment to Italian
copyright law (September, 2000), which in addition to going against a
subsequent European Community recommendation (February, 2001), poses a
potentially serious threat to the activities of independent software
developers and makes it difficult to legally distribute free software
in Italy.
</quote>

Hopefully it is a hoax, but i do not think so.

Christian Leber