Re: ISDN

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 19:14:11 CET

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 01:39:44AM +1030, Robyn Manning nicely wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to this list!

So, welcome!

> Does muLinux support ISDN and is there a FAQ on how to set it up?
>
> TIA

No, sorry: muLinux doesn't support ISDN, ADSL and other machineries
like that, for two-three relevant raisons:

1) muLinux's internals: the kernel is old, the libraries are old,
   but the required software is dramatically modern.
2) Michele's internals: I know only PPP over the serial line, and
   also in this case, my knowledge is only at phenomelogical level.
3) Italy's internals: Pontedera (my city) is not covered by
   ADSL providers, as far I know.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen