Re: [devel@framethief.com: muLinux] A super-formal bug reporting

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 01:21:52 CET

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 08:39:46PM +0100, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> This is what I call a super-formal, almost burocratic, bug report.
> It seems a "speeding fine" (in italiano: una multa) inflict by the
> traffic police :-)
>
> Shall I pay on the spot? (in italiano: "posso conciliare"?)

Can't have that can we?
Lets organize Michele's bail money :-))) Do not pass go do not collect 200 Lr

> File: /setup/fun/eth*.fun
> Function: load_driver()
> Line Num: 297
> Line: 'sleep 1'
> Revision: 'sleep 3'
> Problem: The script comes out of sleep prior to the network card being
> initialized and drops out of the initialization. Value of 3 secs seems to
> work fine (perhaps a small loop would be wise though).

only applies if you have pcmcia eth card and then only if its really dosey :-))

> File: /setup/opt/ethconfig
> Function: main()
> Line Num: 194
> Line: 'elif [ "$DHCP" = y ] ; then'
> Revision: 'elif [ "$DHCP" = yes ] ; then'
> Problem: The setup script sets the DHCP value in the config files to 'yes'
> and not 'y'. This prevented the script from going into the dhcpcd
> initialization code.

Sorry check again, the setup script ask you... blah blah ..[yes/no] but the answer accepted and stored is y/n. There is nothing wrong with the script apart from the fact that dhcpcd 0.7 doesn't support dns option, giving you an error when the script does cat /etc/dhcp/resolv.conf. You have to manually edit /etc/resolve.cnf to point to your dns sever ip.
Both scripts work fine straight out of the box

--
Dave muLinux UK mirror