Re:[devel@framethief.com: muLinux] A s uper-formal bug reporting

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 19:58:19 CET

> sure enough, there seem to be Big Guy making use of muLinux now...
> How about educational products taking over commercial ones? ;-)

Or there is a program developer using mu, how is tired of "there is
ta bug in the program, because it doesnät work" type of reports...

> -- Denis.
> PS: lascia perdere la multa!
> >
> > Hey guys!
> >
> > This is what I call a super-formal, almost burocratic, bug report.
> > It seems a "speeding fine" (in italiano: una multa) inflict by the
> > traffic police :-)
> >
> > Shall I pay on the spot? (in italiano: "posso conciliare"?)
> >

> > Michele
> >
> > ----- Forwarded message from Roman Blok <devel@framethief.com> -----
> >
> > From: "Roman Blok" <devel@framethief.com>
> > To: <m.andreoli@tin.it>
> > Subject: muLinux
> >
> > File: /setup/fun/eth*.fun
> > Function: load_driver()
> > Line Num: 297
> > Line: 'sleep 1'
> > Revision: 'sleep 3'
> > Problem: The script comes out of sleep prior to the network
> card being
> > initialized and drops out of the initialization. Value of 3 secs
> seems to
> > work fine (perhaps a small loop would be wise though).
> >
> > File: /setup/opt/ethconfig
> > Function: main()
> > Line Num: 194
> > Line: 'elif [ "$DHCP" = y ] ; then'
> > Revision: 'elif [ "$DHCP" = yes ] ; then'
> > Problem: The setup script sets the DHCP value in the config
> files to 'yes'
> > and not 'y'. This prevented the script from going into the dhcpcd
> > initialization code.
> >
> > All the best,
> > Roman Blok
> >
> > ----- End forwarded message -----
> >
> > --
> > In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to
> leave
> > you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody
> Allen

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430