Re: SCSI cloning and then Kernel panic

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 19:57:06 CET

> Hi, a question from a mulinux starter.
> I have tried different 11rX versions to clone mulinux to HD on two
> different machines, equipped with Adaptec SCSI.
> The target is to boot and work without a floppy.
> Using floppy based mulinux with SRV is ok. Access to the scsi hd
> without problems.
> on 08:03 "
> Ext2 and UMSDOS installation: the same problem.I have read the
> docs and tried, first time, to understand some scripts. But I didn't
> find the answer. Mulinux cannot find the scsi modules. Am I right?
> Every hint is welcome.

This sounds like the famous chicken and the egg problem, the
kernel needs the SCSI module to load the module form the SCSI
disk... so the solution is to use initrd, but I donät know much about
it.
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430