SVGA and lucent winmodem

From: Serge Skorokhodov (usia@operamail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 13:54:07 CET

Hi everybody,

I'm a muLinux newbie an attempted to set it up on my Compaq
Prosignia 161. Basically I like the results of the test except
two things:

1. I failed to configure SVGA X-server that I've d/led from
http://sunsite.dk/mulinux/mu/misc/. Whatever I've tried was wrong
(I'm not experienced in 'timings' though). The videochip is ATI
Rage LT.

2. I failed to install module for Lucent Winmodem. I had to do it
manually in the second console as install script that came with
the module uses a different /etc directory tree and other
incompatibilities with muLinux The 'setup -m ltmodem' command
returned error about missing kernel version (if I remember
correctly) and 'insmod -f ltmodem' command from the script
returned a whole bunch of messages that seems to be error
related.

I just wonder if anybody was successful in resolving those two
issues and would appreciate any help.

TIA

Serge Skorokhodov usia@operamail.com

24.01.2001 15:42 (Moscow time)