Re: 386sx 4mb

From: Mark Roberts (mu@manumark.de)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 13:13:32 CET

> My target system is 386sx 4mb, 114meg hd, floppy drive, Quadtel
> TACT83000 386sx BIOS v3.05.03
>
> /linuxrc: Cannot fork
> Ram : bytes
> Cpu : 386

This is one of the most commonly asked questions. It seems that 4MB is too
little to run the system, so you need to set up swap space first. But
can't, because the system won't boot.

You will find 1100 suggested remedies on the list. My favorite is: install
mu on your Pentium and clone to dos filesystem as umsdos. SET UP THE SWAP.
Then (from dos or otherwise) copy the whole bleeding directory c:\linux to
the small computer and boot mu from dos. Voil\'a.

Have fun, show the machines who's boss.

Mark Roberts