Re: Iomega ZIP support? A bit off topic

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 16:20:49 CET

Giovanni Angoli a écrit :

> > (if not allready loaded)
> > insmod ppa
>
> you can do simply a setup -f scsi answering ppa as your scsi driver ppa.o
> is among with others on SRV addon

I told something that isn't true I think. Maybe there is no need to insmod
parport prior to ppa with 2.0.x kernels. Maybe some features of parport like
parallel port sharing isn't available with the 2.0.x series, so ppa doesn't need
parport to be loaded prior. With 2.2.x kernels (at least 2.2.14), it seems to be
needed, as I tried to insmod ppa but there were some symbols defined in parport.

Sorry for the mistake.

Pat