muLinux v11r5 released

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 21:53:48 CET

Hello friends,

I'm uploading the last part of the v11r6.
Disk changed are: BASE, SRV, WKS and X11.

WKS
-------
In WKS is only added the GAG (Graphical Boot Manager). It is
very nice. The rustic utility 'gagconfig' allows to create a
floppy disk able to boot any OS on your machine. It is configurable,
i.e.: you boot the floppy, then you can create a own profile.

SRV

----
A new version of the thttpd web server, supporting authentication
via thttpd. Now, to enter in the Remote Control Panel, requires
a login, as user 'admin'. The setup/httpd offers the change
to set a password for admin, or also to disable authentication.
X11
----
A new set of scripts (xprobe, mode.awk, xf86config, startx) are
developed. This is the major work on this release.
Developed also a Video-Wizard and a new setup: "setup xf86".
The new environment is able to compute a set of modelines for the
X server.
In my Matrox I successfull started XF86_VGA16 at 800x600, but I think
this is a rare event, for a generic display board and a such
old server.
Moreover, the new setup is able to create the XF86Config file
for the XF86_SVGA server, if you have one on your path.
On my muLinux system, I run now XF86_SVGA at 1024x768, and
also at 1280x1024.
BASE disk
---------
Redesign in some wizards.