coments to mu 11.3

From: renato (renatogui@ig.com.br)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 20:51:49 CET

Hello my friend Michele,

Some sugestions after R11.3 install:

When cloning RAM mu to HD you write a message asking if I
want do remove a prior installation in c:\linux, even if that
installation is located at f:\mulinux, as mine. Why don't you
mention
only a generic old installation?

Somewhere, I think in PPP connection setup, you wrote a
note about handshaking methods sugesting PAP as the first
and usual method. But the default method in script is CHAP.

setup -l lists the setup options including ppp that
does not exists any more (changed into ppp0 +ppp1).

Also in setup -l, before the real options list, there are about 10
lines with "default_: not found".
Maybe the vanished X11, TCL,PERL etc configurations?

I still can use setup -f X11 or setup -f PERL to; make a late
install of some addons but I did not find this option in setup
configuration or help. I think you should mention this,
because it is a very interesting feature.

In pion, when I press enter over a symlink, the program gets
crazy with the red message about quit blinking furiously.

I'm sorry if I repeat something but I am not reading the
mulinux list for 15 beautiful vacancy days.

Far south america greetings from your still living friend ;-),

renato