Re: Upgrading from v11r3 to v11r4

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 13:07:56 CET

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:11:03AM +0000, Angel Martín Alganza nicely wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, I myself wrote:
>
> > Ok... booting and...
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > The system (up to now) seems to be usable... but I am not sure whether or
> > not something has changed (althoug muLinux says it's v11r3).
>
> Well... it seemd to be usable and so it was for simple actions, but it
> spited out tons of error messages (mainly related to the libc libraries
> -missing or not found) when it came to more complicated things (as
> configuration, LaTeX usage, etc).
> I finally decided to upgrade to v11r4 by deleting the whole tree
> and starting again from scratch.

Very sad and also not a real progress for me. Maybe, a simple "ldconfig" is
able to restore?

> Michele, I would be ready to do some testings for you (on my
> notebook as well as on some PCs) if you want/need me to do it and let me
> know what would be needed.

To do intelligent test mean to track the error, with try-and-error methods.
Library missing? Well: a good tester try to understand and report what is
missing.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen