Re: mu TECH: some bug/typos in v11.4

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 16:22:26 CET

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 05:30:24AM -0500, Alfie Costa nicely wrote:

> > 5) The 'wizard' options (or buttons) are confusing. The options are
> > 'OK' and 'Cancel'. 'Cancel' should only mean "Leave this menu, forget
> > the data I typed in, don't use it." 'OK' should only mean "Leave this
> > menu, remember the data I typed in, use it."
>
> Unfortunately, 'dialog' use only two button, and it is not configurable.
> >
> > Instead, it's 'Cancel' that saves the menu data, and 'OK' is used to
> > pick entries to modify. That is 'Cancel' does what 'OK' should do.
>
> Yes. I'm over-clocking 'dialog'. How to solve?
> >
> > How to fix this is tricky. There could be a third option, named
> > something like 'select', 'change', 'enter', or 'modify', which could
> > do what 'OK' does now. 'OK' should do what 'Cancel' does now. And
> > 'Cancel' should allow one to back out without changing anything.
>
> Impossible. I can only add some words on the variuos panels, explaining
> how to use them.

How about two buttons "Happy with this", "Not happy with this", where
"not happy" leads to a subdialogue with buttons "Modify" and "Cancel"?
The first dialogue could be assisted by text saying "If you are not
happy, you have the chance either to modify your selections or cancel
the whole operation".

Stephen Isard