Re: Screenshot

From: Daniel Liljeqvist (dankkan@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 13:09:05 CET

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:59:13 +0000 Alex Wild <g.wild@virgin.net> wrote:

> Your screen shot wasn't what I expected! [but did make me smile!]
> Tell me, I need to have netscape 4 or higher running on a 486DX50 with
> 20 megs of ram. All I need is the browser with Java enabled, its for a
> small boat navigation system. The browser on your screen shot looks
> like it might be V3 or earlier - or is version 4 ???

It's version 3.01 Gold (It includes the HTML Editor) it also has Java included.

> I seek help cause I am still new to Linux on the whole, would you be
> so kind as to let me know??
> Is there anything I need to know to make it happen over and above the
> basic mulinux set up???

I just used the Mach64-server (SVGA will work as well) and edited the
XF86Config and downloaded Netscape
(ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/monkey/packages/netscape.tgz)

Ask more if you need help

--
Daniel Liljeqvist aka. Dankkan
[dankkan@softhome.net] [ICQ: 53709306]