Re: Filtering IP numbers?

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 01:17:35 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Michele,

I thank you, and added this to my personal notebook.
But as an afterthought it occured that dynamic IP numbers would make it difficult to deny any single user without denying an entire at least class C network.
 As a result I've implemented a different httpd deamon which allows me to deny access based on User-Agent, which is probably a "neater" way to deny access to those that use what's known as "download managers".(socket suckers)
Without affecting anyone else on that particular network or even that particular user if using something a bit more civilized(IMHO).

winsor