Re: To refuse going to Firenze??? (was: To trash the FAQ?)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 00:12:42 CET

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:05:33PM -0500, HTom4722@aol.com nicely wrote:

> Here in the United States the desired "neutral" is usually considered to be
> "midwest" or "South Dakota" -- Tom Brokaw being the leading example.

I do not know if in other country differentiation is so strong as in
Italy. Due to century-old separation between any single country in Italy,
language in Sardinia is radically different from language in Sicilia
or in Veneto.

Think about that: Antonio Gramsci -- italian intellectual (it was from
Sardinia), dead in URSS after long detention in a fascist italian
prison -- had been hospitalized, raving, in an hospital of Moscow.
After calling an italian interpreter from the Italian Ambassy, with
enourmous astonishment, the doctors discovered that the two italians
was not able to communicate between!

> Go, please, enjoy yourself.

Thank you.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen