User profiles and .cnf

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 20:05:01 CET

I tried to move any fixed ASCII out of the /setup/cnf/+.cnf (as an
user suggested time, ago - do not remember the name, sorry!).
Unfortunately, the compressor worked well, and I gained only 1kB!

Ok, but design is now better: I added in every .fun a new
function called default(), a the top. This function mantain
a set of sane values for all variables in the setup, and also fixed
values as RESOURCE, VAR_LIST etc, and also the initial state
"ask"

Now, the floppy disk is publicized with a /setup/cnf empty at all.
This solve a old problem of mine: to clean /setup/cnf, removing
my passwords, etc.

If you, now, in a installed mulinux, will do that:

                # rm -r /setup/cnf/*
                # rm /startup/init/*

you will have a totally brand-new system, as just downloaded.

The function default() is used internally, but is available for
the user (like every others):

                setup resource default

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen