Re: problems with 10r5

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 23:23:32 CET

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 04:35:27PM +0100, Walter Harms nicely wrote:

> note: the are some mistakes in the mu script i thing
> /usr/local/bin/ldconfig does not exist
> and when creating USR mu deletes the images and does then a mkfs (unsuccessfully of cause)

mmm ... a real problem in recent mu scripts: the mu script try to update
the libc cache /etc/ld.so.cache, so it run its own "ldconfig", located in
tree/usr/local/bin/lconfig (in 11x: tree/usr/srv/bin/ldconfig)
Obviously, the command ldconfig exists only if you unpacked the EXT
addon ( mu -u, with an EXT.tgz present ).

Why do not call the "ldconfig" installed in the user's system?
Because I can be sure if recent ldconfig in recent distros create
a cache suitable for mu. So, I run the mulinux libc5 ldconfig.

Anycase, this step is useful only for me, when release a new
floppy. You can substitute the function update_the_cache() in mu with
an empty function.

This is the best fix:

update_ld_cache()
{
if [ -f $TREE/usr/srv/bin/ldconfig ]; then
        msg "Updating /etc/ld.so.cache ..."
        chroot $TREE /usr/srv/bin/ldconfig
fi
}

Thank you for this report!

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen