Re: mu105.zip available now for testing only

From: winsor SMP (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 06:32:11 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Fellow muLinux users,

I deliberately tried to leave mu105.zip as "unconfigured" as possible,
My reasoning behind this was to attempt to alleviate problems arising from a misconfiguration pretaining to hardware and a possibly "hanging forever" system.
 As I've stated before, I mistakenly forgot to "unconfigure" the PS/2 mouse, as I had to make sure X was working for our "point&click" friends out there.
mu105.zip was never intended to be a "run out of the box" system,
but rather, a bandaid to fix the problems that several users had creating the diskette set. In that one "large" zip file could be downloaded and unzipped as per my "rustic instructions" and then could be configured (setup). Merely skipping the diskette set creation proccess.
I had thought that I had made myself quite clear in earlier postings to this mailing list, and if not, even more clear in the text that users were asked to read "before" downloading mu105.zip

If I have presented mu105.zip as anything other than that I apologize.

winsor