Re: [mu SETUP - Newbie] Internet

From: Arne Hagenah (ahagenah@web.de)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 09:20:54 CET

On 21 Nov 2000, at 21:43, Mark Roberts wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Arne Hagenah wrote:
>
> > Problem:
> > I have problems to get the WWW, E-Mail and News-groups.
> > What works is ping and traceroute.
> Are you using names or numbers? I mean: are you typing

> ping foo.bar
> or
> ping 123.98.2.73

It only works with numbers...

> > Some weeks ago I tried to install Suse-Linux.
> Star Office is hardly usable even in 64MB, it is really huge. Another
> big eater is KDE: you may find that a smaller window manager (my
> favorite is fvwm2) is more appropriate for 16MB.

> Or mu of course. With muLinux you can get from here to Sirius in 16MB.
> :)
> Good luck!

Thank you Mark! :-)

First I want to try out muLinux... maybe with the background of a
different Linux on my HD your hint may help me!

... Once I was glad to own an old Apple IIe. It was my first computer -
and I think now that I had more 'fun' with that 64 KB RAM than with
the 'non-rustic-systems' that I owned after it...
I don't know why - maybe it's sentimental ? But perhaps it's like if
you read a book: Normaly the first page to read is ugly - maby the
first chapter... You creep inside after a while ... ;-)

                Arne [still on page 3 ;-) ]