Re: [mu SETUP - Newbie] Internet

From: Mark Roberts (mu@manumark.de)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 21:43:00 CET

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Arne Hagenah wrote:

> Problem:
> I have problems to get the WWW, E-Mail and News-groups.
> After having installed the interesting muLinux I tried out the
> way to the internet.
>
> What works is ping and traceroute.

Are you using names or numbers? I mean: are you typing

        ping foo.bar
or
        ping 123.98.2.73

> Some weeks ago I tried to install Suse-Linux.
> I was astonished about _how_ old my system ist, because with
> the 16MB it ist complicate to use the full features of
> Suse/Staroffice etc.

Star Office is hardly usable even in 64MB, it is really huge. Another big
eater is KDE: you may find that a smaller window manager (my favorite is
fvwm2) is more appropriate for 16MB.

Or mu of course. With muLinux you can get from here to Sirius in 16MB.
:)

Good luck!
Mark