Re: A new GCC addon

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 18:14:13 CET

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 05:45:09PM +0100, Michele Andreoli nicely wrote:
> I restructured a little the GCC addon (now is correctly mounted
> on /usr/gcc, not /gcc). Also removed some docs ...

I removed also the "ar" command and the basic-to-C translator qb2c,
but I added the best part of the Linux kernel headers.

It is now possible to compile kernel modules for the serie 2.0.*,
using muLinux.

I tested using sample modules form

        1) "Linux Kernel Module Prog. Guide", by Ori Pomerantz and
        2) "Linux Device Drivers", by A. Rubini.

All samples code compile well and modules work without problems.

There are around the world plenty of good books about
module-programming for 2.0.*, while I have no books for 2.2.* and
newer. So, I will starts soon my experiment in module programming
using the muLinux kernel.

Modules are small, and uses kernel resources, not external libraries.
So, I think, some good module for muLinux are welcome.

Example (I will try as case-study): a module which, loaded, set the
keyborard leds when network interfaces are actives. NUM for eth,
CAPS for ppp and SCROLL for plip, etc...

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen