New questions of a newbie

From: Daniel Bourrion (dbourrio@club-internet.fr)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 22:44:35 CET

Hi. my muLinux works on a IBM Thinkpad windows98,
from a umsdos installation. Here are some
questions :

1/ my hda is cut in a hda1 (dos) and a hda2 (dos)
: when i mount hda2 on /store, i can only read the
names of the files that are on hda2 under 8.3 ;
how can i have then in full format ?

2/ is there a way to avoid to have to configure
(or not) /usr and /ext and /x11 each time i boot
from windows98 to my umsdos mulinux ?

3/ when i start my X session, i get a small image,
i.e. that the X destop doesn't come on the full
surface of the monitor, but only on a small part
of the monitor. What can i do to get a full X ?

4/ when i edit and transform /etc/samba/shares,
and after rebooting, the things i've changed in
the files /etc/samba/shares have disappear. But
i'd like to keep them on my machine !!!

Thanks a lot. (sorry for my bad english)

Daniel B.