Re: Digital signature in muLinux - tests wanted

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 22:52:06 CET

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:17:43PM +0100, Angoli Giovanni nicely wrote:

> According do mutt help int this version there are almost all
> the macros you're reimplementing...

Speaking about Mutt's macro, I forgot (in previous email) to
mention another useful macro I added in Mutt: alt-f (filter).

It shows on the Mutt's bottom this (provvisory) menu:

You say: "But Mutt does searching with own built-in functions!"

Ok, but what mutt does? It only point on the first email that
match the query. This is a such primordial think!

My macro is much smart compared to; it create on-the-file a
new mailbox with EVERY messages matching the query and, finally,
it fork and starts a new instance of mutt over the new temporary
mailbox. This is a DB "view", in the SQL sense.

With this feature, Mutt is close ... is close ... is close ...
(sacrilege!) to OutLook Express.

If you still refuse to appreciate also this macro, I will stop
to implement other macros for the muLinux's Mutt, soon; and, as
ultimate macro, I will develope one that take an integer number
in input, to simulate the OutLook's multiple-explosive-reply
feature.

P.S. 1

Is "mutt" some german word, of course? The genial author, Michael Elkins,
is from Germany, if I get not wrong. The main archive is
here: ftp://ftp.guug.de/mutt.

P.S. 2

PS1 proof that I'm danish.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen