Re: Can someone compile me a kernel with PLIP? [laptop docking bay]

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 21:56:08 CET

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 11:48:19AM -0800, Eugene TS Wong nicely wrote:
> I would like to make a laptop docking bay by connecting a laptop to an old
> computer through PLIP. It won't be a real laptop, but that should be
> alright. As long as the lap top can connect to the local area network and
> internet.
>
> I just need a simple kernel that has networking, routing, plip. It would
> also be good to have slip, but it's not necessary. I can take care of the
> scripts myself, or get help from this mailing list or another mailing
> list.

Did'nt you read the homepage at all, ok. muLinux kernel support PLIP and
come with a complete setup for PLIP connection.

> I assume that all I have to do will be to put the kernel on one of the
> floppy disks and adjust appropriately.
>
> It would be even better if somebody can point me to a specific page where
> I can download Red Hat 4.2. Please, don't give site addresses unless they
> lead to a page showing where I can download Red Hat 4.2. The site in the
> FAQ doesn't let me find Red Hat 4.2. Any suggestions?

You can found RedHat 4.2 here:

                ftp://ftp.jcu.cz/pub/aps/4.2/i386/

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen