Re: mulinux as NFS server

From: José Luis Gómez Dans (j.l.gomez-dans@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 13:45:53 CET

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 12:24:42PM +0000, Daniel Bourrion wrote:
> Well, i think that the samba server of Mulinux is working, but i can i be
> sure ?

        Use smbclient -L <servername> to see what shares are detected.
Alternatively, browse your Network Neighbourhood with Winblows and see
whether you can see your server straight away or do a "find computer".

> Another question; must'i put,in my fstab, something about the samba
> connection ? Or is smbmount enough ?

        You shouldn't need to fiddle about with /etc/fstab. smbmount
does all you need. However, if you want to have an automatic mount of
your server, you can add a line on /etc/fstab:
//server/service /mountpoint smbfs username=xxx,password=yyy 0 0

(this might be wrong, but I think it's not too different from what I can
remember).

        Regards,
        José

--