Re: An ambitious idea

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 06:17:31 CET

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 07:59:58PM -0800, winsor SMP nicely wrote:
> Michele,
>
> Why would these useful utilities, even if rustic be classed as erosism???
> In the beginning muLinux was a one disk micro distribution, and very featureful at that:)
> It's definately a reflection of a bygone day and quite clearly always deserves a place of honor on the first disk, where they are still VERY useful, to those of a minimalist nature.
> And besides they're extremely cool...............

From a sentimental point of view, but also from a tech point of view,
muLinux still is the first floppy: all setup scripts resides in it.
I improved much my knowledge making this scripts and implementing the
hacks containened in it.

The rustic tools like fetchmail, sendmail, RNA and quark aren't
removed: they occupies only few Kb.
I only add some powerful replacement as sendmail, the lpd spooler, mutt,
etc, because some user ask me to use muLinux like a real Linux system
and not a simple scripting toy.

Now, to add complex packages as wine or dosemu and to neglet basic
packages as sendmail and lpd is a non-sense, what do you think?

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen