Re: dialing to ISP

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 08:29:51 CET

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 10:47:08PM +0100, Jef nicely wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I think dialling through my modem is a little to fast.
> I hear the dialtones so quickly, it take a second to dial a 10 digit
> number.
>
> Maybe thats way I can't get an answering tone.
> Is it possible to slow down the dial-proces ?
> I could put a "sleep 1" some where in the isp.fun, but where
> exectly?

You can't slow-down the dialing within muLinux setup. The dialing is
performed to modem itself. muLinux only send the ATDT<number> command.

My modem manual report other available syntax for the ATD command, but
I do not know if they suite for you.

Try first to call with miterm:

                # miterm -l /dev/modem
                # atz
                # atx3
                # atdt<nummber>

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen