Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux 10r0 released

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 21:26:56 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> After many efforts, I've uploaded all new archives in the current/
> directory. They are:
>
> DOSTOOLS, mulinux.tgz, EXT, X11 and VNC
>
> The other are unchanged and I moved them from the release-9r5
> directory. A new dos installer (DOSTOOLS) is required, because
> startup script aren't backward compatibles.
>
> To describe in details any changes is not possible here and also
> not usefull at all, because the best part of improvements are
> not for the 'end user'. So, to download this release is not a
> great benefit for the mean user with only PPP internet connection.
>
> Changes in the addons are not relevant: I only changed place to
> some binary.

<snip>
I note that although the kernel is still 2.0.36, it is a new
compilation with "misc" incorporated into the kernel instead
of being built as a module.

1. Are there any other significant changes to the kernel?

2. Is the new ".config" file available as a starting point
for anybody who wishes to recompile the Mu kernel?

Clive