Re: [mu TECH] 'counter' a scripting util... / fitting names

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 17:45:01 CEST

On 21 Sep 2000, at 13:24, Michele Andreoli <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> > So, a little progress, but maybe there is some other unused name out
> > there that is better still? Series, sequence, queue, vlad, (the
> > impaler, after 'Count' Dracula), order, step, trot, xeno, (after the
> > Greek Philosopher)... of those 'queue' is nice, and has all the right
> > connotations, but is difficult to spell;
>
> Mmmm ... You are a E. Rostand's fan!

Don't know. I have two editions of Cyrano de Bergerac, one a translation, the
other in French. I can't read French, and have only read a few bits of the
translation so far -- it seemed interesting; if it was a busy day, that might
be why I didn't read the whole thing then. Whatever the case, I haven't read
enough to understand E. Rostand's connection to the various suggested names
this script. Please, can you explain?