Re: picture-viewer and Mulinux?

From: nikolaos roumbos (nikroub@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 17:15:35 CEST

>From: Joerg Bartels <joergbartels@gmx.de>
>To: mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk>
>Subject: Re: Re: picture-viewer and Mulinux?
>Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 9:39:38 +0800
>
>At 21.09.2000 13:28:00, you wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 05:05:06AM +0000, nikolaos roumbos nicely wrote:
> >> Michele,
> >> what do you mean by saying "you can't put binnaries from other linux"?
> >> don't misunderstood my question, but i'm asking you cause i've already
> >> succeded to install netscape -> from slakware 4.0 and it works perfect
>snip
> >
> >Oh: but this is much more that "put a binary in mulinux"! You also
> >did upgrade any required library. This is ok, al least in a MU installed.
> >
> >Michele
> >--
>Hello All
>Would that work for an umsdos insallation? I am a poor Dos-user with only
>150MB for MU and no heavy slakware-installation in the background. Only
>thing I have is that rpm from SuSe -6.2 and lower- I have a old free Suse
>6.2
>cdrom- will work in MU. I am not crying for binnaries but it would be fine
>to have Netscape 3.X and improved Svga. So is there something I can do with
>that rpms?
>
>regards, Joerg

For "installing" binnaries in Mu you certainly do need a big distro
supporting Mu with the appropriate libraries, otherwise you'll never be sure
of what libraries and which versions of them your incoming to Mu binnaries
use.
But to be honest I cant really tell if this way goes for MU under dos,
i made this "installations" in Mu under EXT2.