Re: fetchmail

From: Arvid Nymoen (anymo@powertech.no)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 20:20:40 CEST

At 14:16 12.09.00 +0200, Michele Andreoli wrote:
>Neverthless, keep alway in mind: fetchmail and sendmail are only
>demonstration scripts of few Kb. We can add a true fetchmail, because
>the binary is not so big, but a true sendmail if out of scope, because
>usually enormus.

Your mu fetchmail may be small but it has one great advantage:
It is very easy to use for those of us who still use Windows
most of the time but are experimenting with linux now and then.
I've used SuSe and RedHat (RedHat 6.2 is sharing the hard disk
with mu versions and Windows 98) but I have given up trying to
get those big fetchmail versions to work ( - using linux Netscape
instead.)

Your setup for pop3
configuration made the mu fetchmail work from the start.

REMOVE_MESSAGES='n' now works ok too.

I guess your fixes to the bugs in the newer mu versions will be
incorporated in mu 9.6?

Arvid