Re: [mu SETUP] fdformat

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 15:22:23 CEST

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 01:27:28PM +0300, Vesa-Pekka Palmu nicely wrote:
> > It is true ? There's no fdformat command on the disk I create
> > with fdmake (under Windows / Dos) ? I need a running linux to
> > continue and use fdformat ...? Jesus ...
>
> Well I think that Michele should check the 9r5 version of mu,
> because I have also some strnge problems with it (I have never
> tried creating the floppies, moved straight to HD mu)

I checked: it works perfectly in my case. The system ask my if
I agree about to use "fdformat", the prompt a "May I?". I answer "y"
and the system starts superformatting.

Anyway, I made a little restructuration in the InstallerDisk, in the
way it mounts any available modules in the floppy *first* of any
following questions. Now, there is a good chance to install also
from NT or SCSI disk (dos users).

The InstallerDisk is now a true mini-linux, inside another min-linux!