Re: Com2 to com3 link; c++

From: Jef (jknoors@zonnet.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 19:50:27 CEST

On 7 Sep 2000, at 16:09, Sven Conrad wrote:

> This can be very easy or hard. It depends on some things
> I can not estimate.
>
> 1. do this task need interrupt driven access to the com ports?
> If not, it is easy do do. If yes, you have more trouble.
> What interrupt is used for this emulated com3?
Probebli not needed, but com1 and com3 share the same interrupt
(IRQ4).
The modem is on com3 in windoze AND in the dosbox.
If I install the modem on com2 (IRQ3), it will be in the dosbox on
com2 also.

> 2. is it allso possible to acess the emulated modem under windows.
> For windows there are easy to use drivers accessable.
> E.g. with VB.
>
> /sven

Yes, in a dosbox I can use a dosprogram to dialup and use the
modem (for banking).
I think VB is a good start. I run windoze95 .
The speed is: 115200