Re: Com2 to com3 link; c++

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 17:19:27 CEST

> The following _feels_ right but due to my current mental state (see below) I
> may have dreamt it ...
>
> Using Windows' Hyperterminal
> --------------------------------
>
> Linux box connects to Windows box via serial line.
> The Windows box has a TCP/IP stack which is bound to com<where serial cable
> plugged in>
> Windows box has another TCP/IP stack bound to com<where modem is logically
> installed>
>
> Windows Network settings would include something resembling this:
> Dial-Up Adapter
> Dial-Up Adapter #2
> TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adapter
> TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adapter #2

Well this won't work. Because I have a ISDN (external one) and a
very old 3com (ISA) network card on my Bugdoze configuration and
both have TCP/IP on them and I can't share the ISDN connection
across my little network without special software [acually you can't
do anything exept crash the system without "special software" on
Bugdoze]

Bug is a registered trademark of Microsoft corporation

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430