ile, grep

From: Denis Bredelet (denis.bredelet@laposte.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 02:41:50 CEST

I have two concerns with mulinux:

1) I tried to remove the command history with no success
I went in the "misc" section of setup. When I say "no" to command
history, ile is still loaded at startup. I checked that
/etc/history.conf no longer exists. However, I could not find where this
file is used again...

2) Grep will stop when it could not read a file. Typically I tried grep
"mystring" *... But it did not complete because of directories. Fgrep
works, though. So one can use fgrep instead of grep to solve the
problem...

My version is mulinux 9.3.
Thanx

-- Denis.