apm & auto-shutdown

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 09:09:56 CEST

I remember that I once saw a little script that would sit on the
backround and watch /proc/apm and when the battery life would
drop lower that pre-determined level It would first give a warning to
all consoles about fortcomming shutdown (Battery life low,
automatic shutdown in 5 minutes) If bu that time the laptop would
be connected to AC-supply the shutdown would be canceled.

On my old laptop the /proc/apm only reports the batterys state
(high/low/crtitical) not the battery life, only indicator that I receive
about the battery state changin is a too small flashing LED (I could
have a sound indication, but it is something like a abulance siren
(the sound AND the volume..)

I don't know much about scriping so I'm asking could you please
write this little script for me, please?

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430