Re: plip with mulinux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 10:01:25 CEST

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:41:38PM +0200, Dumas Patrice nicely wrote:

> The first thing to do in respect with this objective, I
> think, is to define a way to store the different interfaces so that muLinux
> could automatically detect the interfaces which are defined and the
> masquerading could be centrally-defined.

The values for the interface X can be stored in X.cnf, without problem.
X.fun call netconfig to start/stop. In netconfig we put a

        case $INTERFACE in
        eth*)
        ppp*)
        plip)*
        esac

to handle different methods.

Maybe, the good solution is to introduce a routing.fun and setup/routing,
able to handle the packets patch between interfaces, if the case.